Hmmmmm....
This is the first direction for this Thing:
"•Find an example or attribution that shows the Learning 2.0-23Things for Teachers blog was based on someone else's work and modified from its original."
I'm assuming that the missing term is "how" and that it should read:
•Find an example or attribution that shows how the Learning 2.0-23 Things for Teachers blog was based on someone else's work and modified from its original.
So that's what I'm going to do. :)
At the bottom of the the APSU 23-Things homepage there is a disclaimer which reads:
Note: This project is loosely based upon the website 43Things (which allows you to set and track personal goals)
and the Stephen Abram article titled 43
Things I (or You) might want to do this year (Information Outlook - Feb 2006).
I checked out the 43 Things website and discovered that it is something you register for and then create your own to-do learning list. Users write down what it is they would like to do this year and keep track of their progress through this website. They can even share their list with others via the Internet.
Next, I attempted to open the link for the "43 Things I (or You) might want to do this year" but it was no longer active. (sad face) So I did a search for the title using Google and found this link: www.kw.k12.mn.us/school198/genie179/.../43_things.doc which opens a word document of the article. At first I thought it was the original article, but I wasn't too sure when I came to Thing 29 which read: "Review the things you can do on our school website" and then listed the K12 website. So I am thinking that it was modified from the original.
The main difference between the APSU 23-Things and the original article is the number of things, 23 compared to 43. Since it was cut in half, the APSU list doesn't include all of the exercises that are found in the original. Also, in the directions of the article it directs the reader to register at the 43 Things website and make a list of things that they would like to learn in the year. The following list of 43 things are just some simple ideas that the author provided. I think it is neat how this list transformed into a learning activity.
Now that I know about Creative Commons licensing I will definitely utilize it as a teacher. It is a great way to share information. It is easy to see who should be given licensing credit and give them the credit. I think it is a great site, and that it is wonderful that so many individuals share their creations on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment