Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thing 19 - Beyond Facebook: Other Social Networks

I read about Gather and Ning for this posting. I applied to Teacher Pop, a site created by an individual at ASPU and a social networking site for teachers. Six days later... I am still waiting for my application to the site to be approved. I went ahead and re-applied, but am doubtful about getting a response soon. I'm just a little frustrated as I stopped doing my 23 Things Blog while waiting for my membership at Teacher Pop to be approved. I did not expect to be waiting for my approval six days after my application submission. There is nothing left for me to do at this point except to continue on. Hopefully, my membership will be approved by tomorrow so that I can include that in my posting.

I checked out Classroom 2.0 on Ning and applied for membership there, as well. I am still waiting for that membership to be approved, but I just submitted it. I was hoping that I would not have to wait for approval so that I could add a badge from there onto my blog. I also joined Goodreads. I joined this site the same day I applied to Teacher Pop (6 days ago). Thankfully, I did not have to wait for someone to manually approve my joining. (I do understand that the approval is to limit spammers)This site is really great for those who like to read. It gives you the option to rate 20 books that you have read and then will recommend books to you based on your preferences. It also connects with Facebook so that you can add friends and see what they are reading and what they recommend. They also have contests in which they give away new books and book sets.

I am not really a member of any other online communities. I hope to use Classroom 2.0 a lot in the future. So that's about it for this now regarding this post. Hopefully I will be able to update it tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Update:

I'm so excited because, even though I'm still waiting on approval, I was able to share the badges to Teacher Pop and Classroom 2.0.  Woot!  Woot!


Visit TeacherPop
Visit Classroom 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment