Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thing 21: Animoto

Oh, my goodness!  I totally love Animoto!!  I had never heard of it before and, frankly, was a bit scared about creating a video.  Then I learned you can create one from digital photographs.  Awesome!  It was so easy to do.  I uploaded some more photos to my Flickr account.  I decided that since it is December that I would do a Christmas Past album.  I found some photos from when my kids were younger and up loaded them.  Then I went to Animoto and chose a theme and song.  The first one I picked was very upbeat.  I uploaded my pictures by connecting with Flickr and arranged them to my liking.  Unfortunately, I uploaded too many for the 30 sec video.  I had to narrow it down to 9.  (You can subscribe to Animoto and have longer videos.  The 30 sec ones are free).  Once I was done I clicked on the preview button, followed by the produce button. 

My first video showed the photos very quickly.  I thought perhaps it was due to the number of photos I had, so I made another video with a few less photos.  It seemed to last a second or two longer on each photo.  Since I was making another video I went ahead and chose a new theme and song.  I think I like the second one better.  It brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel nostalgic.  I think it is due to the tempo of the music, as it is slower than the first one.

I went ahead and posted both videos on my Facebook page.  It was quite easy as Animoto can connect with other social sites, like Facebook.  It was so easy and fun to do, I can't wait to make more.  I may even have to splurge on a subscription. :)

Here is the second video I made, entitled Christmas Past.  Hope you enjoy it.

  
Try our video maker at Animoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment