Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thing 22 - Keeping it Together - Livebinders

Livebinders is a great Web 2.0 tool that allows teachers, parents or anyone to create online "binders" to organize and share websites, pdfs, word documents and digital images.  It is a great tool for teachers, as it helps keep track of learning tools found on-line, as well as ones that are uploaded.  Teachers can also create Livebinders filled with learning tools, homework helps, the classroom syllabus, etc. and embed it on their webpage for students to access.  They can also install a binder onto classroom computers with activities for the students to do during class.

 I set up an account with Livebinders and created three educational binders: Grammar, Creative Writing, and Research Writing.  I have posted my Grammar binder here as an example.  I'm just starting it, so it isn't very full yet.  I'm sure it will fill up fast.  I can also combine all my binders into one, create tabs for the three binder headings and then create sub-tabs beneath each.  That is something I will definitely look into doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment