For this exercise I played with Google calendar and
Picasa. I was already a little familiar
with Google calendar, bur recently got a new cell phone and I was having
trouble sharing my calendar with my husband.
This exercise got me to take a closer look at Google calendar and the
calendar on my cell phone. I discovered
that the reason why my calendar events weren’t being synced with my husband’s
and went about correcting it. Evidently,
the calendar on my phone is not sharable. So I was able to set up the Google
calendar on my phone and I am now able to share my schedule with my husband electronically. That is one thing I really like about Google
calendar. I’m not sure how Google
calendar could be used in the classroom.
I really would not want to share my schedule with anyone other than my
family.
Since I set up a Google+ account I already have an album on
Picasa that contains some of the pictures I shared while completing other Web
2.0 assignments. However, it was not
installed on my computer. I installed it
on my computer so that I could upload some more photos. I did not realize, however, that it would
want to import all the photos on my hard drive into the software. At first I thought that it was uploading them
all and I was not too happy about it. I
then realized that it is actually photo software on your computer and that you
can choose which photos to upload. Hey,
I never said I was a computer genius, lol.
I selected a photo and uploaded it and played with the paintbrush and
affects tools. They are pretty neat. You can view the photo here Picasa could be used to create fun pictures
for presentations and material.
No comments:
Post a Comment