Monday, October 15, 2012

Thing 7 - Explore Flickr

Stormy Sky by kymomof3boys
Stormy Sky, a photo by kymomof3boys on Flickr.
I decided to upload some of my photos to Flickr for this blog. I had never used Flickr before and found it easy to set up an account and upload pictures. One thing I didn’t like was the size of my thumbnails while searching for photos to share. However, I eventually found where to change the view to extra large and that enabled me to see my photos better.

I’m not sure that I will use Flickr for the classroom. If I do it will be more for a tool for them to use to find pictures. I can’t think of any reason that I would need to show them a slide show, but if one came up I may use Flickr for that.

In Thing 6 I tried the Google+ photo sharing site. I liked how I could edit my photos and change the look of them with special effects. Flickr seems like a site to share photos after they have been edited. I suppose that it is a good way to share photos with family and friends. There is just something about posting them on a website that I’m still not 100% comfortable with. It just seems strange to have people I don’t know view the photos. I have used Snapfish, but that was more to order digital prints. They delete the photos if orders are not placed in awhile.

I did mark all of the photos that I uploaded as public since no one is in the photos. Most of them are average, but there are a few good photos in there. I was hoping to post some better ones, but, alas, those seem to be on another hard drive.

The photo that I did post reflects the beauty and power of nature. I hope you enjoy it.

To see more of my photos on Flickr check out this Life in Hawaii Flickr Set

~ Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment