Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thing 9 - Online Image Generators


For this post I played around with two of the recommended online generators, Happy Face Generator and Image Chef.  It was fun to create with both of these.  Happy Face Generator allows you to create smiley faces with personalized messages.  There are tons of different styles of faces to choose from. You can also make logos with the generator.  I made two happy faces. I picked out a few smiley faces that I liked and added text to them.  Then I saved the pictures on my computer.   I wanted to make a logo, but the site went down while I was creating it.  So no logo L .  This generator can be used to create signs and reminders for around the classroom.  Material can also be presented on it and hung up around the classroom.

 

The Image Chef is really a cool site.  You can design sketchpads, Timeline covers, and photo frames, as well as use the Poetry Blender or Word Mosaic.  My favorite is the Word Mosaic which takes the words that you enter and forms a picture out of them.  There are several shapes to choose from for your picture.  You can also customize the colors.  I had fun with it.  My word mosaic includes the words "language arts", "mind" and "bloom" as well as a flower symbol.  They are arranged in the shape of a bouquet.
 
 

 

ImageChef.com
 
I also enjoyed the Poetry Blender, which allows you to post a phrase, choose the background and some of the colors.  It states that you can also add photos, but I didn’t get a chance to play around with that.  I simply found a quote that I liked and played with the placement of the words until I liked the results.

ImageChef.com
 

Also, I registered with the site.  If you register you can save your creations.  You can choose whether you want to share them publicly or not.  I can see this generator being utilized to create images for a presentation.  You could add it to a PowerPoint for some extra flare.  Or you could create something with the Word Mosaic, print it, and hang it up in class, or even copy it onto handouts.  I can see myself doing that with the one I made for Language Arts.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment