So I watched the you tube video on about wikis Wikis in Plan English and looked at some of the wiki links posted on the APSU 23 things site Thing 15. The video was very simple and easy to understand :) I logged into APSU 23 Things Sandbox Wiki and added a post. It took me a minute to figure out what I needed to do to be able to edit or add to the site. Once I figured that out I was able to easily copy and paste a selection from my blog onto the site. I even changed my font color a little bit.
I found that wiki's are similar to blogs very interesting. The main difference is that there are many authors involved in creating a wiki, while usually only one creates a blog. I liked the link to the classroom wiki that a high school uses. Wiki's could be used in the classroom by allowing students to add to and edit ideas on particular subject. For instance, if my class was reading a novel I could create a wiki for them to collaborate on various aspects of that novel. Although this is a neat idea, however, I'm not sure I would really use it in the classroom. There are so many wonderful technological tools to choose from and I need to make sure I choose wisely. Perhaps, once I've been teaching for awhile, using a wiki in the classroom will be a tool that I choose.
No comments:
Post a Comment