In this post I am to explain how I decided on my posting name and the name of my blog, as well as my experience creating my blog. Also, how did I choose the look of my avatar.
I believe I posted about the name of my blog and creating my blog under Thing 1, as I read that to be included in that post. However, I will cover it again, perhaps in more detail, here.
I came up with the name "KramerMAT" by trying to think of something that had part of my name in it along with something that connected it to my class. I wanted my last name to be part of it so that it would be easier for my instructor and fellow students to identify me. A major part of my identity at the moment is that I am an MAT student. I combined the two to come up with my posting name. When I created the name of this blog I had the same concerns. I wanted my name to be part of it as well as an identifier for the class. "Kramer's 23 Things" seemed like the most obvious choice.
Creating the blog was very simple. I had no idea that blog generators were out there that are free. The hardest part of creating the blog was deciding on the background. Which should tell you how easy it is to do.
The avatar that I created is based on how I look. I am me and don't want to pretend that I look different. I wanted an avatar that represented me as closely as possible. I chose a red top because I like red and it looks good on me. I would have liked one with sleeves, but didn't see one I liked. So sleeveless it is. Black pants are always a winner. The avatar that is there now is actually the second one I made. The first one had on black glasses and was minus the dog. I usually wear contacts and only breakout my glasses occassionally. When I created the first avatar I had been wearing my glasses for a few months due to various reasons. Once I was back in my contacts I decided to update my avatar. I took the glasses off and added a dog. Why a dog? Well, I wanted to add something to her. Her arms looked funny and she seemed all alone. I have a wonderful dog for a pet and decided to put her in. Although she is black, not brown. I tried to alter the coloring of the dog, but to no avail. So there's my avatar, closley resembling me, with a brown dog which looks nothing like my dog. LOL. I did try to put books in place of the dog, but the books are HUGE.
I like your explanation of your avatar. It was very detailed and funny. "black pants are always a winner". I saw your comment on Cool School McCoy and yes theirs is creative, yours is real liking. Different but both cool.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Danielle. :)
ReplyDelete